Pages

Friday, November 24, 2017

Fall harvest in the city

If you’ve followed me for some time you are most likely aware that every year I get together with my college girlfriends for a girl's weekend. We skipped one year when my mom passed away as I was not in the right state of mind but we’ve picked back up and the weekends seem to always fall right when I need them.

Although, I’ve gone and made friends outside of my college girlfriends, there’s a piece of my heart that always remain with these four women. When we were in college it was such a carefree time. Our worries were so small and often revolved on what we were going to wear out that night. We were a very close bunch. Time has come & gone and we’ve had no choice but to grow up as well.

We’ve been through a lot (together and apart) but we still have that bond and we always, always start right where we left off. It amazes me that between the five of us there are 4 different states that separate us, 5 children, 4 marriages, 1 divorce, several deaths and well, things we never really talked about while we were in college because we were in such a small bubble.

We reminisced about our younger days (we were 17 & 18 when we all met) and it was hard to keep the smiles off of our faces when we talked about our college days. We all agreed that they were the most carefree and funniest times of our lives.

That weekend was so good for my soul. We cried together, laughed hard, talked so much and just had the most amazing weekend together. It amazes me that although we were so young and there were so many people to choose to be friends with, we chose each other. I still see in them exactly what I saw in them years ago. And I truly feel so very blessed and honored that we have kept this friendship going years after college. These women mean so much to me and I’m glad that we’ve made it a priority to get together (all of us) even though we all live so far apart, once a year.

We met up in the city as we usually do and stayed at The Conrad. We had a really great experience and decided that we would no longer be switching hotels and this is where we’ll stay from now on. The location was perfect and our girlfriend, Jihae, lives literally five minutes away so it was perfect.

Sean dropped me off in the city on Friday and we went to our hotel’s rooftop to get a few drinks and wait for Jihae to arrive that way he could drive back home. Our view was pretty incredible and so was my rosĂ© with a popsicle inside.

IMG_9484

IMG_9480 IMG_9485

When Jihae arrived, Sean went on his merry way. I had not yet had dinner so we went downstairs to El Vez and proceeded to have an incredible meal. Jihae and I shared ceviche, creamed corn and shrimp tacos. Not too long after Charmion’s flight landed and she met up with us at the restaurant. She ordered some carnita tacos and we all enjoyed margaritas.

We stayed at the restaurant talking until it closed and then we went up to our room and talked some more. We did not go to bed until very late and to be honest I could not even remember when we fell asleep. We basically talked ourselves to sleep.

Saturday morning, Jihae brought us some bagels for breakfast and then invited us to her apartment building’s harvest festival and it was so awesome to see how much her apartment building got into it. There were hundreds of pumpkins, food, beer, wine tastings, face paintings, complimentary pictures, etc. Many of the kids were dressed up in their costumes and it was just a fun experience.

IMG_9492

IMG_9490 IMG_9486

IMG_9488

IMG_9494 IMG_9496

IMG_9505

IMG_9499 IMG_9503

IMG_9508 IMG_9510

IMG_9516

IMG_9513 IMG_9550

IMG_9518

IMG_9519

IMG_9523

IMG_9529 IMG_9527

IMG_9528

IMG_9535 IMG_9537

IMG_9539

IMG_9541 IMG_9546

IMG_9556
IMG_9557

IMG_9559 IMG_9563

Not too long after, Jihae’s husband came by to grab the kids that way we could get our day going. We went up to Jihae’s apartment and I proceeded to tell her what to pack to wear that night, just like old times, ha.

To be continued as this post is already too long ...

3 comments:

  1. That fall harvest looks amazing! You're very lucky to have such a great group of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you ladies do this! The fall harvest looks like the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos first off! I love that you guys stay connected. It makes me wish I had done the whole big university thing. I can't wait to see the rest of the post(s) about your reunion with your friends. The festival looked like a great time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!