Pages

Friday, December 15, 2017

Celebrating 8 years ♥

Last month, Sean and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. We decided to check out a new to us winery and we both agreed that it was nice to try a new winery (Mountain View Vineyard). It was great that we both could see ourselves making many trips back especially when the weather warms up again. I was also surprised to find that it was the same distance as my favorite winery which I post about often on this blog. The views were beautiful even on a rather grey day and they had a large patio area which I can't wait to get use of come spring and summer. We did a wine tasting first to figure out our favorites and then purchased several bottles. We purchased one to enjoy at the winery and then a few more for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. We also ordered a few small plates to eat and I love that they actually had a real menu to order food versus just appetizers. Our food was tasty too!

IMG_0290

IMG_0293 IMG_0294

IMG_0295
IMG_0297

IMG_0313 IMG_0305

IMG_0307

IMG_0312IMG_0315
IMG_0321IMG_0326

IMG_0331 IMG_0323

IMG_0337
IMG_0335

IMG_0339 IMG_0341

IMG_0348

After the winery we went home and napped for a couple of hours and then got ready for dinner. We tried a new to us restaurant (weekend of new!) and loved the entire experience. The restaurant (Sette Luna) itself is small, warm and cozy. Oh and our food was absolutely delicious! I cannot wait to go again because I must try everything on their menu. I’ve always been this person that doesn’t really care to go to Italian restaurants because I feel like it’s food that I can prepare at home, but lately I’ve been wanting to eat at Italian restaurants and this one did not disappoint one bit. There’s just something about homemade pasta that I’ve been loving lately and I think this year, we’ve gone to Italian restaurants more than we have in our entire relationship.

thumbnail_IMG_5124 thumbnail_IMG_5127

thumbnail_IMG_5131
thumbnail_IMG_5141
thumbnail_IMG_5148

We had a really great time celebrating with each other. In this day and age, 8 years of a happy marriage is a big deal and we made sure to acknowledge that. We’ve been through a lot in our 8 years of marriage. We’ve had some highs and we’ve definitely have had some lows. But through it all, we love each other. We choose each other. We respect each other. I won’t ever be able to explain how incredibly grateful I am to have Sean. He really is my person and I love him like no other. There are times when we both are laughing about something that no one else would get and it’s during those moments that I feel so content with where we are in this life. We don’t always get what we want or what we think we need, but with Sean I believe that I have it all. Love, laughter, happiness, wine and always good food … what more could one person need? Happy Friday y'all and happy weekend! ♥

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You have all that you need. May you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your love for Sean. It's such a special gift that you both share and I pray that you will continue to grow in love and grace. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 years is a VERY big deal. You two are the healthiest (is that a good word?) happiest couple I know. I loved all your photographs and that food looks SO good (currently in starve mode right now).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are the sweetest.
    Cheers to eight years!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!